Historic Route 66 > Forum > Events & News

John Osterman Gas Station in Peach Springs, AZ

Discussions about Route 66 related events and news
Forum rules
No self promotion allowed at all, use the appropriate contact forms instead of posting promotional material in the forums.

John Osterman Gas Station in Peach Springs, AZ

Postby shirohniichan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:11 pm

In a strange coincidence I read the John Osterman Gas Station in Peach Springs, AZ was placed on the National Register of Historic Places last week. Last week as I drove through Peach Springs I noticed a great looking old gas station that I thought should be restored. I stopped the car and snapped a photo because it looked like the most noteworthy old building in town. Now that I'm back in So' Cal' I read about it and learn about what I was looking at. Funny that.

Read the news here: http://www.ftnnews.com/other-news/16466-route-66-gas-station-in-the-hualapai-tribes-capital-listed-on-the-national-register-of-historic-places.html
Obscurum per obscurius
shirohniichan
Roadie
Roadie

Re: John Osterman Gas Station in Peach Springs, AZ

Postby shirohniichan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:54 am

149 by shirohniichan, on Flickr

Here's how it looked on Friday the 13th.
Obscurum per obscurius
shirohniichan
Roadie
Roadie

Re: John Osterman Gas Station in Peach Springs, AZ

Postby swa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks for the picture! I do hope hey manage to restore the gas station and start to sell gas again as it's located somewhat in the middle of the longest stretch of Route 66 where gas is hard to get (reliably).

I'll wait till I see the results, but the involvement of the NPS is a good sign it'll be restored taking into account the history, and not become a gas station with just a retro look.
swa
Route 66 veteran
Route 66 veteran

Return to Events & News