Historic Route 66 > Forum > Travel

Mustang Rental

General discussion on traveling Route 66. Ask here when to go, how long it takes, what to see, where to stay, where to eat, what not to miss etc.

Mustang Rental

Postby lozza » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:32 am

Hi,
I am told that Hertz rentals have available under fun/prestige range V8 Mustangs that are available to rent,because I want to drive route 66.

I reside in Australia I have been to the USA on three occasions,I have tried emailing Hertz to find out which depots that I can rent a V8 Mustang from,however they say they dont know which branch I can contact,seems strange to me.
The problem is when I am on the USA website for Hertz and when I send an enquire email from that website,the reply comes from an Australian office.
Can anyone help please.
lozza
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TheEditor » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi and welcome,

Does this link help?
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/byr/inde ... d%20States

It sounds like you're interested in the (Carroll) Shelby GT-H Mustang, and this page contains a link that supposedly enables you to rent one (or at least find out more details).

Let us know if that helps you find a Mustang ... or if it just puts you into the "generic car rental computer." I did find that when it asks for a location, plugging in "LAS" (for Las Vegas) came back with a "hit" on the Mustang. So that's one place that apparently has them.
TheEditor
Route 66 veteran
Route 66 veteran

Postby swa » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:47 pm

First try to sign up for the Hertz#1 club, (free). Only then can you specify which car you want. [I'm not a member so I've no idea how well it works]

Thanks to geolocation, Hertz' websites tries to be helpful to those of us outside the US and give us other rates and other options. A proxy inside the US does wonders, but finding one that's not completely overloaded is not easy.

They seem to have that car at LAX, but not at ORD, so renting it one way might be an issue even worse than otherwise.

I'd try calling the location directly:

Hertz - Los Angeles International Airport
9000 Airport Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90045
United States
Phone: 310-568-5100 Fax: 310-568-3461
Location Type: Corporate
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours, 7 Days
swa
Route 66 veteran
Route 66 veteran

Return to Travel